In the Catholic Church, the term "minister" enjoys a variety of usages. It most commonly refers to the person, whether lay or ordained, who is commissioned or who volunteers, to perform some act on behalf of the church. Under this heading of Minister Schedule, you will find the Liturgical Volunteers Schedules for both Immaculate Conception and St. Patrick Churches. The individual schedules include Mass schedules for Eucharistic Ministers as well as those who volunteer at Mass as Lectors, Servers, Greeters, and Ushers.
To serve at Mass, requirements for each Ministry are as follows:
- LECTOR: Must have received the Sacrament of Confirmation and have Lector Training.
- SERVER: Must be in 3rd Grade and have gone through Altar Server Training.
- EUCHARISTIC MINISTER: Must be 21 years of age and have Eucharistic Minister Training.
- GREETER: Anyone can greet. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Families are welcome.
- USHER: Anyone can usher, as long as they are capable of holding the collection basket. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Families are welcome.
If you are interested in becoming a Minister at Mass, please contact the Parish Office (815-589-3542) for more information on signing up and for training.